If you plan on undergoing RPL, then it can be done in a number of ways. But the way it is assessed and processed varies when it comes to the education providers and in the country where you’ll be taking it. The method that is commonly used is an assessment of a portfolio.
With the help of a collection, an individual is able to demonstrate their knowledge in a given subject area. The portfolio will provide proof of what you have learned as well as where and how you learned it. The majority of schools and colleges will teach you how to come up with a good portfolio and they may even provide you with specific requirements for it. So if ever you need a portfolio, you should get in contact with schools first.
If you think that an RPL could be applied to you and your work, then check out these steps on how to do so.
- The first thing that you have to do is that you establish contact with the programme provider that you prefer. This will help you get a jump start on the entire process for your RPL application.
- The provider will then refer you to someone who handles this area or you can get to know more about what you need from them through their website.
- It’s up to the applicant to provide a detailed outline information to help support their application. The candidate can use an RPL Application Form to provide the information that is required by the programme.
- You will then be setup on a consultation meeting with the RPL Advisor. The applicant will be oriented with some advice and support in preparing the evidence and verification needed for prior learning in the given format. In the VEC adult PLC Courses, you should start first by contacting the school. Sometimes the only step you have to make on this one is by enrolling in the course of your choice. In some courses, previous experience may be required depending on what is needed by them.
- The learning evidence along with the completed RPL Application form will be given to the college for some assessment by the academic unit that is related.
- Once everything is done, the assessment process’ outcome will be sent to the applicant in a period of time.
Depending on how you want your RPL to be processed, you can follow whatever it is you think that is really convenient for them.